Source: Whole Foods Market Recipes http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/chocolate-mousse
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup packed pitted dates (about 20)
- 1 (15 ounce) can puréed organic butternut squash
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage, more if needed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Grated coconut (optional)
Place cashews and dates in a medium bowl and cover with very hot water. Let soak for 2 hours to soften. Drain well.
Place drained cashews and dates, butternut squash and coconut milk in a high-powered blender or food processor and process until smooth (this may take 1 to 2 minutes). Add cocoa and vanilla. Process again, adding a bit more coconut milk if needed to make a smooth, mousse-like texture. Chill at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with raspberries and coconut.