Source: Go Dairy Free http://www.godairyfree.org/recipes/peruvian-vegetarian-stuffed-avocado
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup cooked, diced sweet potatoes or yams
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2 ripe avocados
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and add to pot.
- Cook, covered, over low heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add corn, tomato, yams and onion to bowl and mix well.
- Puree all dressing ingredients in a small food processor or blender and stir into salad.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Place avocado halves on 4 small plates and top with quinoa salad.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.