My Voice T-Shirts

February 28, 2012 — Featured Non-Profit

A partnership with Sambazon® for Amazon conservation

The Amazon is home to millions of species.  It is home to many birds, tree-dwelling species and is one of the the last places in the world to find jaguars, harpy eagles and pink dolphins.  Sadly, rapid deforestation due to unsustainable expansion of agriculture, construction projects and illegal logging threatens the Amazon. At current rates, 55% of the Amazon’s rainforests could be gone by 2030, which would be a disaster for the region’s animals.

Trafficking of the Amazon’s wild animals is also a rising threat with birds being the prime target.  Some are sold live while others are killed to supply feathers, skins and other body parts.  Of all mammal species from the Americas that are traded, 95% are found in Brazil.

Thankfully, WWF® has been working in the Amazon for 40 years and is at the forefront of conservation efforts. They engage local communities and partner with governments to identify solutions that bridge the needs of economic development and conservation.

Protecting and conserving the Amazon is a big job.  My VoiceTM and Sambazon® are proud to work together by offering this limited edition shirt focused on the issue of deforestation of the Amazon rainforest.  Half the profits of each shirt will be donated directly to WWF® to aid in their ongoing conservation work.  By purchasing this shirt, you too can help the animals of the rainforest by supporting work to preserve their habitat.

Comments

Heather Speaks:

This is great…i donate annually to WWF and I know this effort with Sambazon and My Voice will raise even more awareness about the deforestation of the Amazon rainforest.

March 19 2012 at 08:03 AM

Sara Floyd:

I really like the idea and that you will give half the profits to the WWF! I try and help by spreading the word about these kind of things!

March 19 2012 at 09:03 AM

jennifer dysart:

This is so cool!

March 19 2012 at 09:03 AM

Cliff Angel:

Sweet!! Very good cause.

March 19 2012 at 09:03 AM

christina anderson:

I Love this shirt!! I plan on informing all my friends and family and spread it on social media platforms to get more people aware of exactly what’s happening to our rain forests.

March 19 2012 at 09:03 AM

Lydia:

I heard you guys are giving out free T-shirts, I would love to rock one of these as a small part of giving voice to conserving the environment!

March 19 2012 at 09:03 AM

nancy fiorenza:

sounds really cool

March 19 2012 at 09:03 AM

CarolynH:

I give to WWF regularly. If you have a FREE T-shirt I’d love to proudly wear one. I support efforts of conservation in the Amazon.

March 20 2012 at 01:03 PM

My Voice T-shirts:

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all the great posts! We love to hear that you like the shirt and how much you care about the fate of our rainforests which, in turn, affects the animals that live there.

Sambazon just chose the winner of the free shirt and made the announcement on their Facebook news feed so you can check there to find out all the details.

Thanks again for visiting us and of course you can buy the shirt right here. 50% of the profits will be donated to WWF so it’s a great way to spread the message, give back and of course look great while doing it!

March 20 2012 at 03:03 PM